Wings offers the ultimate 2 night catamaran adventure. With large spacious decks, air conditioned comfort below and all the modern conveniences, this popular sailing catamaran makes the perfect home away from home for your time at sea.
Maximum number of guests: 25
About the boat: 16.7m sailing catamaran, shared cabins with single & double berths, fully air conditioned below decks, large saloon with seating area, 62" plasma Tv with surround sound for movies & music, sheltered seating area on deck
- Freshly prepared meals and snacks
- Fresh Linen and Bath Towels
- Snorkel, fins, floaties and wetsuit hire
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority fees
- Unlimited fresh water for hot showers courtesy of an onboard fresh water maker
Sample Menu: Dinners - BBQ Chicken with rice, salads, bread. Spaghetti bolognaise with garlic bread and salads. Lunch - Selection of shaved meats with assorted salads & rolls. Breakfast - Cereals, toast, spreads, tea & coffee. Morning & afternoon teas/ Snacks - Fruit platter, pizza, nachos, platter of cheese, biscuits, dips, vegetable sticks
- Whitehaven Beach
- Hill Inlet lookout
- Hayman Island
- Langford Reef
- Mantaray Bay
* Weather, tides & the captains professional judgement are all factors affecting itinerary/route
Wings 2 departs from and returns to Abel Point Marina in Airlie Beach.
Depart Airlie Beach at 1pm
- You will be greeted by our Wings crew and invited on board where lunch will be served. Once you’ve been orientated around the vessel relax and take in the scenery as you sail to your first snorkel location. As you head to one of the northern islands of the Whitsunday Islands you will cross Whitsunday Passage and pass the Mole group of islands before arriving at Hook or Hayman Island.
- For those who would like to participate in learning to snorkel there will be numerouse occasions throughout the tour to jump in the water so our snorkel guide can show you how it is done. We have fins to assist you in strong currents if your not a great swimmer as well as life jackets and flotation noodles so no one can kick the coral and destroy our reef. Once your comfortable with the concept, follow your guide for some fish feeding where the reef comes alive!
- After the snorkeling has finished it's back on board for a hot or cold beverage and some sunset snacks whilst you cruise to your overnight anchorage. After diner the crew will invite you to view an eco slide show, showing you some photos of what you may see and observe underwater and also pictures that have been taken whilst diving that day. Look out after dark for shooting stars or sit on the back deck and watch the fish swim in and out of our underwater blue lights.
- After breakfast you will be taken to the magnificent Whitehaven Beach where you will be able to explore the beautiful white silica sands of Whitehaven. You will be taken on a short bush walk to the lookout where you will be able to overlook the entire beach and the inlet and view it in its finest glory. This is a picturesque setting and great for photo opportunities.
- After Whitehaven beach its back onboard for a sail to two more different snorkel sites. Another great opportunity to explore the reefs of the Whitsunday Islands.
- After dinner you will be invited to join the crew in viewing the days pictures. The evening slide show is great fun as our host would have taken some great photos of guests at the beach and our snorkel guide would have captured all the water activities with all the spectacular marine life living amoungst our beautiful coral formations. Great way to wind down to a fun packed day in the Whitsundays.
- After breakfast it’s the final splash at another new snorkel site. It’s your last chance to see the amazing under water world of the Whitsunday Islands before we make the journey back to Airlie Beach.
- Our crew is passionate about showing guests the underwater world, they will endeavor to take you to the best snorkel locations the Whitsunday Islands have to offer and ensure your comfort while learning how to be a profetional snorkeler.
What To Bring:
In addition to your clothing & swimwear please pack a beach towel, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, toiletries in a small soft overnight bag (most boats require zipperless supermarket "green" bags or similar, BYO alcohol (no glass or red wine please)
Storing excess Luggage:
Most boat check-in offices, hostels and other accommodation offer luggage storage, cost is approx $5-$10pp for the entire trip.
Skipper, crew, water, meals, linen, snorkelling equipment and all Marine Park fees
- Soft Drinks, bottled water, USB of trip photos (offered by select boat)
- Some boats have a surcharge for passengers with special dietary requirements, if this applies to you please enquire, surcharge is approx $15 and is payable on check in
Terms and Conditions
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please note for safety reasons you MUST be able to swim to get in the water. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1.7% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases. Please allow sufficient time to check in for your tour at the appropriate office prior to your boats departure.
Please note: not all tours are appropriate for passengers under the age of 18 years old, please contact Carly for suitable options.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 30 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the sailing holiday. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and a suitable alternative cannot be found, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.